The Office of Career Services
Fellows Program Overview and Eligibility
New York Needs You helps first-generation college students select, secure, and succeed in their careers. The Fellows Program is an intensive mentoring and training program where Fellows develop relationships with highly accomplished community and business leaders.
- Earn a $2,500 professional development grant
- Access 2 summer internships at prestigious companies and organizations
- Receive individualized support from a Mentor Coach
- Obtain in-kind services and products such as free business attire, free writing and ESL support, and subsidized test preparation
- Network with leading industry professionals
NYNY Fellows attend 28 full-day workshops over two years, receiving intense career development and leadership training. All workshops take place on Saturdays in Manhattan and typically run from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Workshops for the 2014 class will begin in June 2014 and will run approximately twice per month for the first year, and once per month for the second year. All Fellows are matched one-on-one with a young professional Mentor Coach dedicated to their personal and professional growth. NYNY also provides an additional year of support leading up to or following college graduation to help Fellows secure a full-time job in the field of their choice.
Applicants must meet the following four criteria to be eligible for the Fellows Program:
- Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (in any country)
- I am a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- I am a freshman attending a City of New York University (CUNY) 4-year University or Community College
- I am in the process of obtaining my first associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- I am available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan (workshops occur bi-weekly in Year 1 starting in June 2014; monthly in Year 2)
- Must be considered low-income by NYS HUD standards
You must complete an application no later than February 20, 2014. To apply visit www.newyorkneedsyou.org.
If you have any questions about the online application, please email: email@example.com or call 212-571-0202. You may also come to the Office of Career Services located in the Library Building, Room 429 during walk in hours (Monday 10am – 11:30am, Tuesday and Thursday 2pm to 3:30pm).