Notice of Non-Discrimination
CUNY's Policy on Sexual Misconduct prohibits all forms of sexual misconduct, including sexual harassment, gender harassment and sexual violence. Inquiries concerning sexual misconduct or sex discrimination may be made to the individuals specified in that Policy or may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
It is also the University's policy to provide reasonable accommodations and academic adjustments, when appropriate, to individuals with disabilities, individuals observing religious practices, individuals who have pregnancy or childbirth-related medical conditions and victims of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses. The process for addressing these issues is set forth in CUNY's Procedures for Implementing Reasonable Accommodations and Academic Adjustments.
Retaliation for reporting or opposing discrimination, cooperating with an investigation of a discrimination complaint, or requesting an accommodation or academic adjustment is also prohibited.
To access CUNY's Policy and Procedures on Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination, Policy on Sexual Misconduct, and Procedures for Implementing Reasonable Accommodations and Academic Adjustments, please visit these links:
The following persons have been designated at Queensborough Community College to handle inquiries and complaints relating to CUNY's Policy on Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination and Policy on Sexual Misconduct and to ensure compliance with CUNY's Procedures for Implementing Reasonable Accommodations and Academic Adjustments:
Chief Diversity Officer
Administration Building A 309
Title IX Officer
Administration Building A 413
The following federal, state, and local agencies enforce laws against discrimination:
Services for Individuals
- Provide advice regarding EO/AA policies and procedures
- Information and Referral
- Investigate complaints of discrimination
- Assist in identifying employment opportunities
- Recommend appealed accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
- Assist campus committee groups to review the outcome and impact of College decisions
Services for Departments/Groups
- Workshops on EO/AA Topics
- Technical Assistance in resolving EO/AA issues
- Assistance for recruitment strategies for women, minorities, people with disabilities and Vietnam Era, disabled and other eligible Veterans
- Training programs for Non-teaching Instructional and Full-time Instructional and student presentations
Policy Development and Implementation
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the College’s affirmative action pluralism and diversity programs
- Assist the Personnel Office, Office of Faculty and Staff Relations and the Academic Affairs Office to analyze employment transactions and the intended or unintended impact of those activities.
- Participation on affirmative Action Committee, ADA/504 Committee, Sexual Harassment Panel/Education Committee
Reasonable Accommodations for Visitors
Visitors seeking accommodations should contact in a timely manner the 504/ADA Coordinator at the College or unit they are visiting. The 504/ADA Coordinator may refer the request to the relevant campus office(s) for processing.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. The City University of New York/QCC is an EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
NYC Equal Employment Practice
Under Resolution #~016/464C-14 of the Equal Employment Practices Commission of the City of New York, The Commission has determined that the Queensborough Community College has implemented the required corrective actions deemed necessary by this Commission for ensuring a fair and effective affirmative employment program of equal opportunity as required by the equal employment opportunity standards of this Commission and Chapters 35 and 36 of the New York City Charter. A copy of the Determination of Compliance issued to Queensborough Community College is available from the Affirmative Action, Pluralism & Diversity / Compliance Office (Administration Building, Room A-309).