The Affirmative Action Pluralism & Diversity/Compliance Office monitors the College’s equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and policies. These policies cover application for and participation in educational programs, recreational activities and all phases of the employment process. The College has affirmative action programs for women, minorities, people with disabilities and Vietnam-Era, disabled and other eligible Veterans.
Services for Individuals
- Provide advice regarding EO/AA policies and procedures
- Information and Referral
- Investigate complaints of discrimination
- Assist in identifying employment opportunities
- Recommend appealed accessibility solutions for persons with disabilities
- Assist campus committee groups to review the outcome and impact of College decisions
Services for Departments/Groups
- Workshops on EO/AA Topics
- Technical Assistance in resolving EO/AA issues
- Assistance for recruitment strategies for women, minorities, people with disabilities and Vietnam Era, disabled and other eligible Veterans
- Training programs for Non-teaching Instructional and Full-time Instructional and student presentations
Policy Development and Implementation
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the College’s affirmative action pluralism and diversity programs
- Assist the Personnel Office, Office of Faculty and Staff Relations and the Academic Affairs Office to analyze employment transactions and the intended or unintended impact of those activities.
- Participation on affirmative Action Committee, ADA/504 Committee, Sexual Harassment Panel/Education Committee
Queensborough Community College
Affirmative Action, Pluralism & Diversity / Compliance Office
Administration Building Room 309
Bayside, New York 11364
Telephone: (718) 631-6391
Fax: (718) 281-5668
The City University of New York/QCC is an EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.