How to Apply as a Senior Citizen
Based on the latest Coronavirus guidance, the QCC Office of Admissions is working remotely. To assist applicants, we are accepting documents via email at this time. Please have your required documents sent directly to our office via email: Application@qcc.cuny.edu.
New York City residents 60 years of age or older may enroll as non-matriculated audit only students, on a tuition-free, space-available basis. Senior citizen students do not receive grades or academic credit. Senior Citizens who wish to enroll for credit may opt to do so on the same basis as any other degree-credit student and pay the applicable tuition and fees. For information on how to apply as a degree seeking student please visit the Office of Admission web page.
In order to be admitted as a senior student the following criteria must be met:
New York City Resident
60 years of age or older as of the first day of classes
Applicants will be required to submit:
Proof of age (Medicaid card, Driver's License, birth certificate or passport)
Proof of New York City address
How to apply
Seniors must apply for audit only non-matriculated classes using our Non-Degree Application. Be sure to indicate on the non-degree application that you are applying as a senior citizen auditing class.
$65 Senior fee per session/semester due at the time of registration
$15 consolidated fee per semester due at the time of registration
Services for Students with Disabilities
If you need accommodation(s) due to a disability, please contact Queensborough's Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at 718-631-6257.
Learn from the Best
- We are ranked among the best community colleges in New York*.
- We are ranked one of the best community colleges in the nation (13th out of 710)*.
- 85% of our full-time faculty hold a Doctoral or Terminal Degree - 3X the national average.
- Starting your college career at a community college is a more affordable option than a four-year university.
- An Associate's degree can significantly boost your lifetime earnings.
- Transfer scholarships to four-year colleges are available to Queensborough graduates who qualify.
- Students entering the workforce with an Associate's degree often find it easier to secure a job or internship while completing a Bachelor's degree.
*When compared to average US tuition and fees per year of private, nonprofit four-year colleges and universities.