How to Apply as a Second Degree Student
Students who have received an Associate degree from Queensborough Community College should complete the online CUNY Application as a transfer student. The application will then be processed internally to reflect second degree status.
Students who have obtained a baccalaureate degree, or attended another college(s) since leaving/graduating Queensborough must also submit official transcript(s) from those institutions to the Admissions Office. Transcripts will be reviewed for transfer credit consideration, and such credit will be determined according to the college’s transfer policy. Students for a second degree are required to complete a minimum of 30 credits toward the new Associate degree at Queensborough.
Services for Students with Disabilities
If you need accommodation(s) due to a disability, please contact Queensborough's Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at 718-631-6257.
Learn from the Best
- We are ranked among the best community colleges in New York*.
- We are ranked one of the best community colleges in the nation (13th out of 710)*.
- 85% of our full-time faculty hold a Doctoral or Terminal Degree - 3X the national average.
- Starting your college career at a community college is a more affordable option than a four-year university.
- An Associate's degree can significantly boost your lifetime earnings.
- Transfer scholarships to four-year colleges are available to Queensborough graduates who qualify.
- Students entering the workforce with an Associate's degree often find it easier to secure a job or internship while completing a Bachelor's degree.
*When compared to average US tuition and fees per year of private, nonprofit four-year colleges and universities.