Welcome to the Career Mentoring Program!
Want to know what it’s really like in today’s workplace?
Want support, encouragement or advice on your resume or job search?
Want to talk to a professional in your field?
Mentorships can contribute to success in your academic and professional pursuits.
What is a mentor?
- Someone who encourages students to stay motivated and focused on their education
- A professional who passes on knowledge and guides students as they explore potential career fields
- An individual who enhances and sharpens students' interpersonal skills
With a mentor you can:
- Explore your career goals.
- Examine options within fields.
- Share experiences making the transition from college to the working world.
- Seek helpful suggestions for a resume.
- Discuss skills necessary for successful job interviews.
- Identify skills or information you need to be successful in the workforce.
- Find out about what it’s like to work in your field of interest.