Name: Trikartikaningsih (Kiki) Byas, Associate Professor
- Ph.D. in English with specialization in Rhetoric and Linguistics, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.Ed. in TESOL, Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.A. in TESOL, Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A. in English Teaching, IKIP, Jakarta, Indonesia
Courses I teach/activities I’m involved in:
- EN 101 - College Composition
- EN 213 – Advanced Expository Prose
- Faculty Advisor to Muslim Student Association (Starting Spring 2007)
- Cross Cultural Communication
- ESL / ELL issues
“Subordination of teaching to learning.” (Caleb Gattegno)
- Learning is an important part of human life, and a classroom (teaching) is just one of the settings where people can learn. I am constantly learning while teaching and I will share my interest and excitement in learning and exploration with the hope of reciprocal interests from the students.
- Writing is one of, and not isolated from, the many ways of communication. In teaching I strive to create an open, warm, engaging, collaborative, yet challenging classroom atmosphere and condition so that everybody can learn about and develop their writing (skills) by integrating other ways of communication while also critically and logically interacting with published and unpublished (their own and peer) texts, experiences, and knowledge.
Recommended web sites: