Helpful Information and Tips for Faculty & Staff
The Counseling Center provides the following services to students: Personal counseling, crisis intervention, career counseling, groups, workshops, and referrals to outside agencies. For more information, please click on What We Do in the left menu.
Referring a student to the Counseling Center
Whenever possible, it is recommended that you walk a student to the Counseling Center. If this is not possible, you may speak with the student about our services, provide them with our contact information and our website. Kindly encourage the student to visit our office.
- Please note that we are not permitted to disclose whether the student came to the Counseling Center, which counselor the student is receiving services from, or the content of the session(s).
- Provide Counseling Center information on your syllabus
- Refrain from giving students your personal contact information (i.e. cell phone #)
- Do not send students’ identifying information and your cause for concern through email
- Be clear with students of your role vs. that of a Counselor.
- Do not guarantee confidentiality (in conversations, homework, classwork or class discussions)
- If the Counseling Center is closed and a student has an emergency, please contact Public safety (718) 631-6320.
If you have any questions regarding our services or have a student of concern that you would like to discuss, please call the office number below to be connected to an available counselor.
The Counseling Center
Library Building, Room 422
Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays- 8:45am to 5:00pm.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays- 8:45am to 7pm.