Move Forward with a Whole Community Behind You.
Build a foundation for your future at Queensborough Community College. With a dedicated community of faculty, professional mentors and a diverse student body, you'll be empowered to succeed. Studying in one of five Queensborough Academies, you'll learn from professors who are passionate about their subjects—and your future. Student life is full of exciting activities, competitive athletics and outreach opportunities extending beyond campus. When you're ready to take the next step, we'll help you transition towards a higher degree or begin your career. And best of all, our affordable tuition and generous aid can help you maintain financial freedom.
Faculty and Programs to inspire you
Amplify Your Learning in Our Queensborough Academies
As a Queensborough student you will focus your education in one of our five Queensborough Academies: the Business Academy; Health Related Sciences Academy; Liberal Arts Academy; Science, Technologies, Engineering, & Math (STEM) Academy; or the Visual and Performing Arts Academy (VAPA). With experiences in service-learning, learning communities, writing intensive courses, special events, museums, performances and laboratories, you'll benefit from a focused, impactful education.
One-on-one Support from Your Queensborough Academy Adviser
From the moment you step onto our campus, you're paired with a personal Queensborough Academy Adviser dedicated to helping you reach your academic and career goals. Your Academy Adviser will guide you through course selection, help you understand degree requirements, assist with career planning and support you throughout your college experience.
Hands-on Student Research Experience
Within your Queensborough Academy you'll have the opportunity to connect in-class learning with real world experience by participating in meaningful research. Queensborough is one of the few community colleges to have an undergraduate research program, encouraging you to work closely with professors and present your findings at national conferences.
The Smartest Way to earn your education
Programs of Study
Queensborough Community College can launch you into nearly any profession –doctor, lawyer, teacher, police officer, nurse, computer programmer, scientist, business owner, artist, and much more. Queensborough offers transfer programs, including dual-joint degree programs, as well as career and certificate programs.
- Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting for Forensic Accounting (AS) - Dual/Joint with John Jay
- Art: Art and Design (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
- Art: Art History (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
- Biotechnology (AS) - Dual/Joint with York
- Business Administration (AS)
- Chemistry (AS) - Dual/Joint with York
- Childhood Education (AA) - Dual/Joint with Queens
- Computer Engineering Technology (AAS)
- Computer Information Systems (CIS) (AAS)
- Computer Information Systems (Cert)
- Architectural Technology (AAS)
- Criminal Justice (AS) - Dual/Joint with John Jay
- Dance (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
- Digital Art and Design (AS)
- Electronic Engineering Technology (AAS)
- Engineering Science (AS)
- Environmental Science (AS)
- Gallery and Museum Studies (AS)
- Health Care Office Administration: Managing, Coding, and Billing Certificate Program
- Health Sciences (AS)
- Internet and Information Technology (AAS)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (AA)
- Management (AAS)
- Massage Therapy (AAS)
- Mathematics and Science (AS)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (AAS)
- Medical Office Assistant (AAS)
- Medical Office Assistant (Cert)
- Music (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
- Music Production (AAS)
- New Media Technology (Cert)
- Nursing (AAS)
- Nursing (AAS) - Dual/Joint with Hunter
- Nursing (AAS) - Dual/Joint with School of Professional Studies
- Nursing (AAS) - Dual/Joint with York
- Office Administration and Technology (AAS)
- Office Administration Assistant Certificate Program including the following tracks:
- Public Health (AS)
- Science for Forensic Science (AS) - Dual/Joint with John Jay
- Telecommunications Technology (AAS)
- Theatre: Acting (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
- Theatre: Technical Theatre (AS) formerly Visual and Performing Arts
For more information about our degree and certificate programs, click here
Peers and Activities to engage you
Get in the spirit of Queensborough Community College.
Queensborough offers a wide variety of resources where students may enrich their academic experience and connect with their fellow students: clubs, activities, athletics, service learning, student government, veterans services, and much more.
Join one of our 50+ clubs and organizations to develop and explore your talents and interests:
The Business Society
College Discovery Club
Creative Writing Club
Diversity Dance Crew Club
Leaders of Tomorrow Club
Mock Trial Association
STEM Research Club
Student Veterans Association
Be a Queensborough Tiger
Show your Tiger pride in the stands or on the court—either way, the excitement is contagious!
We field 14 men’s and women’s varsity teams— several have won a City University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC) championship in recent years
Queensborough has won the CUNYAC Commissioner's Cup Championship 3 years in a row (2014, 2015, & 2016) and 8 times in its history!
Indoor Track (2016 CUNYAC Champions)
Outdoor Track (2016 CUNYAC Champions)
Soccer (2015 CUNYAC Champions)
Outdoor Track (2016 CUNYAC Champions)
Volleyball (2016 CUNYAC, Region XV, & NJCAA District F Champions, #7 in the nation)
Zuri Williams, Region XV Player of the Year, Region XV Tournament MVP, Region XV athlete of the month for October 2016, CUNYAC Championship MVP, 2x CUNYAC/Pepsi Community College Female Player of the Week
Meet Our Students
"When I began researching community colleges, Queensborough stood out. I learned about Queensborough’s reputation for excellent faculty and students who go on to achieve great things.
"The entrepreneurial challenge opened a new world of possibilities and gave me the confidence to transform my dreams to reality."
Yi (Jane) Jiang
President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Associate in Science Degree. Jane has begun a National Science Foundation summer research internship at U Penn.
"I have all these people who want to see me succeed,” said Kelvin, who is an active member of the college’s Services for Students with Disabilities. “I wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without the encouragement on campus."
Come Get to know us
Queensborough is centrally located with access to all of New York City and Nassau County.
Our campus is home to cultural centers that preserve and celebrate history and the arts:
- Queensborough Art Gallery
- Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center & Archives
- Queensborough Performing Arts Center
Visit us at Queensborough to learn more about our programs, explore our campus and cultural centers and speak to current students.
To find out more about our information sessions and tours call the Office of Admissions at 718-281-5000.
Partnerships and Networks to connect you
Make Your Transition Easy
Whether you plan to complete a bachelor’s degree or enter the workforce with your associate’s degree, Queensborough works with you to map out where you want to go and how to get there. Through personal guidance, interactive technologies and tons of partner agreements, we ensure a smooth transition to your next destination.
Pursue a Higher Degree
Your strong start at Queensborough can yield incredible results. Join the ranks of our alumni who go on to enroll at prestigious 4-year institutions including Baruch College, Columbia University, Queens College, City College of New York, New York University, St. John’s University and more.
Begin Your Career
There’s one thing you’ll find in abundance at Queensborough: opportunity. When you begin your career, you’ll be connected to a network of more than 72,000 successful alumni all over the Metropolitan area.
Our graduates attend
New York University
St. John’s University
Stony Brook University
Our graduates work at
JP Morgan Chase
New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York Police Department
NYC Department of Education