The time has come for those of you who are thinking about graduating in August 2013 or January 2014, to start thinking of what will be required of you, deadline dates, and special events that have a direct effect on you.
The first date you need to be aware of is September 15th,2013, the application deadline date for those looking to transfer to a four-year CUNY college.
In order to transfer successfully to another CUNY college, you need to follow these steps:
- Access the CUNY Portal to Apply Online (www.cuny.edu)
- Complete the “Transfer Application”; answer all questions and list more than one college/curriculum. This will help insure your acceptance to a CUNY school. Do not forget to print a copy for your records before submitting.
- Do not forget to list the courses for which you are currently registered, on the application otherwise an application fee will be requested. If a fee is requested, submit a photocopy of your fall 2013 registration schedule. (A $70.00 application fee is required if you will not be enrolled in a CUNY college during the Fall 2013 semester.)
- Application Worksheet: http://cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/downloads/CUNY-Worksheet-Transfer-Students-2011.pdf
- All Applicants must submit proof of High School graduation. If you received your high school diploma in another country or obtained a G.E.D., you may submit a copy of the Diploma/G.E.D. If you received your diploma from a high school in the United States, an official transcript is required. A letter will be generated requesting this document when you print the application. You may take the letter, or fax the letter; or mail the letter, to your former high school. There is an address on the letter stating where the transcript should be sent.
- Request a Queensborough Community College transcript be sent by the Registrar’s Office, Room A-104, to U.A.P.C. It is best you have the transcript sent since there are times when U.A.P.C. will not be able to obtain your transcript.
- If you attended any other college, an official transcript must be submitted reflecting your attendance at that institution, as well.
- The Deadline for submission of all documentation and the application is September 15th, 2013.
All documentation should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11235-9023
Or hand delivered to:
Office of C.U.N.Y. Admissions
CUNY Welcome Center
217 East 42nd,
New York, N.Y.
It is imperative you complete the steps outlined above in order to insure your acceptance into a CUNY four-year college and you do all of this before the deadline date, September 15th, 2013.
The second date you should mark on your calendar is the Transfer Fair. It is scheduled for September 17th, 2014. It will be held in the Student Union Building from 10 am to 2 pm. There will be approximately 45-50 college representatives in attendance to answer any questions which you may have, concerning transferring to their college.