Dear Prospective January 2015 Graduate,
It is time for those of you who are contemplating graduation next year to start thinking of what will be required of you; deadline dates and special events that have a direct effect on you.
Keep up to date by reading your Tiger mail and also looking at the QCC Senior Transfer Web Page to see deadlines for scholarships and other important events.
These are the steps that you must follow in order to transfer successfully to another C.U.N.Y. college:
- Access the C.U.N.Y. Portal to Apply Online (www.cuny.edu)
- Complete the “Transfer Application”; answer ALL questions and list more than one college/curriculum. This will help insure your acceptance to a C.U.N.Y. school. Do not forget to print a copy for your records before submitting.
- Do not forget to list the courses for which you will be registered on the application, otherwise an application fee will be requested. If a fee is requested, submit a photocopy of your fall 2014 registration schedule. (A $70.00 application fee is required if you will not be enrolled in a C.U.N.Y. college during the fall 2014 semester.)
Application Worksheet: http://www.cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/downloads/Transfer-Worksheet.pdf
- ALL APPLICANTS must submit a High School Transcript. If you received your high school diploma in another country or obtained a G.E.D., you may submit a photocopy of the Diploma/G.E.D. If you received your diploma from a high school in the United States, an official transcript is required. A letter will be generated requesting this document when you print the application. You may take that letter to your former high school; fax the letter or mail the letter to them. There is an address on the letter stating where the transcript should be sent.
- Request a Queensborough Community College transcript to be sent by the Registrar’s, A-104, to U.A.P.C. It is best that you have the transcript sent since there are times when U.A.P.C. will not be able to obtain your transcript. They Have also been known to retrieve the transcript late in the application process, causing a delay in your notification of acceptance.
- If you attended any other college, an official transcript must be submitted reflecting your attendance at that institution, as well.
- The Deadline for submission of ALL documentation and the application is September 15, 2014.
All documentation should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11235-9023
Or hand delivered to:
Office of C.U.N.Y. Admissions
CUNY Welcome Center
217 East 42nd,
New York, N.Y.
It is imperative you complete the steps outlined above in order to insure your acceptance into a C.U.N.Y. Four Year College and that you do all of this before the 1st of February 2014.
Mr. George A. Muchita
Four Year College Transfer Coordinator
Queensborough Community College
222-05 56th Avenue
Library Building, Room 434
Bayside, New York 11364
718-631-6670 Fax: 718-631-6669
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe; Stronger than you seem; and Smarter than you think!!