Work at the Center for Tutoring and Academic Support - Subject Area Support
If you are interested in becoming a tutor for the CTAS Subject Area Support, you will need to fulfill the basic requirements listed below and follow the application procedures.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- B+ or better in courses(s) you wish to tutor OR proof of competence in those subjects
- Good listening and communications skills
- Ability to tutor in more than one subject is highly desirable
- Complete and submit an CTAS Subject Area Support Tutor Employment Application (available below).
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcript/s.
- Attach a resume. (optional)
- Return the completed application to the CTAS Subject Area Support, L-115, on the first floor of the Library Building.
- Upon review of your application, you may be called in for an interview.
New employees will be hired on the basis of these requirements, as well as the need for tutoring in the courses for which candidates will tutor.'
The CTAS Subject Area Support Tutor Employment Application is available in PDF format and will require a PDF reader to open and print the document.