Updated: December 19, 2012
- Students whose housing or educational needs were severely impacted by Hurricane Sandy may qualify for some financial relief through Queensborough Community College. Call the Counseling Center at 718-631-6370 or visit Library Room 422 for more information.
- Counseling Center staff remain available to students, faculty, and staff coping with the aftermath of the storm.
- Single Stop offers information on shelters, recovery, and unemployment assistance.
- CUNY offers a wide variety of resources and services to students, faculty, and staff, including information on shelters, food, and financial assistance, and FAQs on academics and financial aid.
- Faculty and staff may take advantage of services provided by the CUNY Work/Life Program (1-800-833-8707).
- The U.S. Department of Labor offers valuable information regarding special unemployment insurance benefits that may be available for individuals who lost work or income as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
You Can Help
You can help QCC students impacted by Sandy by making a donation through Queensborough Community College's Office of Institutional Advancement/QCC Fund, Inc.
- Text a gift of $10 via smart phone to “80077” and enter the message code “QCC” in the text box. A reply message will ask you to text “YES” to verify that you want to make the donation. Contributions will be billed to your mobile phone bill. Message and data rates will apply.
- Make a gift online.
- Call in your credit card donation at 718-281-5144.
- Send a check payable to
QCC Fund, Inc.
c/o Office of Inst. Advancement, Room A-508
Queensborough Community College
222-05 56th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11364