Payroll Services - Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the bi-weekly pay calculated for a scheduled teaching adjunct?
Your hourly rate is multiplied by the hours taught for the semester.
This amount represents your semester salary which is then divided into equal payments as determined by Adjunct Services.
- How do I replace a lost W-2?
Please contact Payroll for a duplicate.
The last three years can be replaced by payroll. Prior years are replaced by Office Payroll Administration. The request forms are available in Payroll.
- How do I replace a lost pay stub?
Please contact Payroll to get a duplicate stub.
- How do you calculate my annual and sick time?
Part time College Assistants accrue 1 hour for every 20 hours worked for sick time. For the first three year must work 500 hours for accruing any leave. After 500 hours accrue 1 hour annual for every 15 hours worked.
- How many hours can a part time College Asst. work per fiscal year?
By contract part timers can work max. 1040 hours per fiscal year, provided the Dept. budget allows for it.
- How do I calculate my biweekly salary?
The City of NY calculates your pay on a calendar basis (i.e. 14/365 X annual salary)
- Why doesn’t my gross pay on my W-2 equal my annual salary?
In a normal year, an employee who is paid every two weeks will receive 26 paychecks. Based on the above calculation you are paid for 364 days. Actually you have worked 1 extra day that year. Once every 11 years you will receive 27 paychecks and that year you receive more on your W-2 than your annual salary.
- How do I get direct deposit?
Fill out Direct Deposit for and attach a cancelled check or most recent savings statement with your name on it. Please note, only one direct deposit account is permitted.
Finance & Administration Links