Job ID: 7291
Contract Title: Print Shop Coordinator
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Printing Services
Category: Information Technology/Technical
Issue Date: December 14 2012
Closing Date: January 15 2013
Under supervision, with latitude for independent action, coordinates and administers the general operations of a college print shop.
- Coordinates project priorities; schedules equipment usage; and assigns employees, as appropriate.
- Maintains production standards, quality control, safety standards, and inventory and cost control, as directed by an administrative manager.
- Coordinates the work of lower-ranking employees, periodically reviewing progress and quality of work.
- Maintains liaison with various client departments, advising on technical aspects of equipment capacities, use of materials, suitable reproduction techniques, etc.
- Utilizes and maintains printing and binding equipment, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
1. Possession of a high school diploma, or equivalent, preferably from a trade, vocation, or technical school, and
2. Five (5) years' broad diversified experience in various aspects of print shop activities, or
3. A combination of education and/or experience which is equivalent to requirements 1 and 2.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Proven ability to maintain quality control processes to ensure every print job is done on time at high quality
- Ability to organize work request forms according to priority
- Ability to organize and maintain an appropriate inventory of paper sizes, finishes, and colors, coordinating orders with the Purchasing Office
- Business ability and judgment to appropriately arrange for off-campus printing when there are time or equipment limitations on-campus
- 3-5 years experience managing staff and a demonstrated understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Ability to operate and train others to operate offset printing equipment
- Knowledge and experience in evaluating, utilizing and implementing new technology to reduce operating costs including organization wide "storefront" software to accept, track, cost and bill departmental orders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a team environment
- Understanding and experience with Excel and Microsoft Office
New Hire: $47,648*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.