Job ID: 5716
Contract Title: Oiler
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Buildings and Grounds
Category: Support Staff
Issue Date: April 13 2012
Closing Date: May 11 2012
- Under direct supervision is responsible for the lubrication of power plant, pumping and/or construction equipment; performs related work.
- Lubricates and cleans pumps, engines, blowers, compressors, motors, gears, ejectors and other operating equipment.
- Assists in the operation, maintenance and repair of this equipment.
- Reads meters, gauges and other operating equipment.
- Keeps logs.
- Operates lubricant filtering and purifying equipment; maintains lubricant inventory.
- May be designated to inspect and service swimming pools and building safety equipment.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance of assigned duties.
1. Three (3) years' full-time satisfactory experience in the lubrication, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment; OR
2. One and one-half (1 and 1/2) years of experience as described in 1 above plus graduation from an approved trade, technical or vocational high school or an approved internship program; OR
3. One (1) year of experience as described in 1 above plus an associate degree from an accredited school in mechanical technology.
NOTE: For appointment to certain positions, possession of a Class B Commercial Driver License valid in the State of New York may be required. There may be certain age requirements to obtain this license. Employees must maintain the Class B Commercial Driver License during their employment.
Employees assigned to inspect and service swimming pools and building safety equipment duties, must obtain certificates of fitness for: sprinklers, standpipe, fire guard and swimming pool operators, within six (6) months of their appointments.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, please log on to www.cuny.edu. Navigate to Employment, click on application for employment, and then log into the applicant tracking program Job Postings on CUNY First. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Applications should be submitted through CUNY First. Applicants must attach a cover letter, and resume or curriculum vitae. Applicants should submit a brief (1-2 pages) statement of teaching philosophy. Resume, cover letter, and any supporting documents should be uploaded as a single document. Please follow instructions under How to Apply Online.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.