Job ID: 7158
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Financial Services
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: November 28 2012
Closing Date: December 29 2012
Plans, develops and implements financial aid policies and processes in accordance with Federal, State and University standards.
- Manages financial aid activities and represents the office at on-campus and off-campus meetings and forums
- Manages day-to day administrative and systems operations for optimal efficiency and customer service; manages special processes such as Return of Title IV Aid
- Provides comprehensive financial counseling to parents and students
-Implements all necessary processes to support financial aid application, awarding and delivery cycles
- Oversees the coordination of financial aid activities with those of other College and University offices
- Implements and maintains web based services
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Management and Student Financial Services, the Financial Aid Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the college's CUNYfirst (PeopleSoft) Financial Aid module of the student information system including, but not limited to, writing and running queries and reports, analyzing exception reports, trouble shooting problems, improving workflow processes, preparing analytical reports and adhoc queries.
- Work with CUNY CIS Production Support and Implementation teams to improve operational efficiency by utilizing and expanding the use of PeopleSoft functionality.
- Represent the college at monthly university Financial Aid System meetings to collaborate with peers from other CUNY campuses.
- Responsible for testing software upgrades and new aid year configuration.
- Create and maintain business process documentation.
- Conduct CUNYfirst training for the Financial Services staff and other student service departments.
Hours: Monday, Thursday, Friday 9 - 5 and Tuesday, Wednesday 11 - 7
Evenings and weekends, as needed.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
A comprehensive knowledge of federal and state aid programs along with a high degree of proficiency with automated financial aid systems preferred. Experience using the Financial Aid module of PeopleSoft preferred. Query development experience preferred. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently, as well as part of a team. Ability to communicate clearly through written and oral communications. Master's degree preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.