Job ID: 6474
Contract Title: Higher Education Officer
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Admissions and Recruitment
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: December 06 2012
Closing Date: January 06 2013
Directs a College Enrollment Management function.
- Designs, implements and executes an enrollment management plan through research and analysis of enrollment issues, trends, and models; provides leadership in advancing the College’s enrollment goals
- Develops strategic plans, establishes methods to implement initiatives, measures outcomes and monitors progress to achieve enrollment targets
- Partners with appropriate College units to apply coordinated enrollment and retention plans which provide services to students and applicants in an efficient and effective manner
- Administers data analyses and reports development related to critical enrollment issues; presents results to facilitate executive decision making
- Oversees department budget and advises on allocation of College funds regarding enrollment efforts across other units
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
If you have already applied for this job, you do not need to apply again.
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Enrollment Management Director will oversee the personnel of the Admissions Office and chair the College's Enrollment Management Committee.
Additional duties Include:
- Recruitment of students, including outreach to organizations and communities, and target populations.
- Enrollment administration, including the processing of student applications.
- Analysis and evaluation of prospective student data.
- Analysis of continuing student data in an effort to improve retention and graduation rates.
-Travel is required to schools, conferences, college fairs, and community based organizations.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
Master's degree preferred. The successful candidate should possess excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills. Knowledge of best practices in social media such as Facebook and Twitter. A proven track record which demonstrates exceptional skills in organization and long-range planning, communication, and the ability to effectively manage competing, conflicting demands are essential. Successful experience with recruitment and enrollment management. Demonstrated successful experience in Higher Education Enrollment Management a plus.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.