Job ID: 7177
Contract Title: College Laboratory Technician
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Academic Computing Department
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: December 05 2012
Closing Date: January 05 2013
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Campus Specific Information:
Working within the Academic Computing Center and under direct supervision, the CLT will assist with routine operations, problem resolution, and other assigned tasks related to technology.
- Provide support for teachers and students in computer classrooms and student computer labs.
- Identify problems regarding student laboratory and classroom computers and peripherals.
- Provide instructional support for the integration of educational technology by faculty with the application of technology in their classrooms.
- Maintain PC and Mac hardware and software and support the general administration of the ACC's student computer labs as well as classroom technology across the campus.
- Install Windows and Mac Application software.
- Install and maintain surveillance cameras, digital signage components, and classroom podiums.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of classroom projectors, document cameras, and DVD players.
- Assist with student and faculty video and audio recording as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase requisitions.
- Maintain lab/class equipment, software, licensing and supply inventories.
- Maintain records and prepare reports related to support services provided to both students and faculty.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in a college-level academic setting and involvement in support for both students and faculty
- Good interpersonal, communications, presentation, organizational, and technical skills
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Insight, Deep-Freeze, Epsilen ePortfolio, Camtasia, and the use of Blackboard
- Fluency with various versions of Windows client OS, Mac client OS, and expertise with maintenance of technology equipment
Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.