Job ID: 7313
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Mathematics & Computer Science
Issue Date: December 13 2012
Closing Date: February 12 2013
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Faculty Vacancy Announcement:
- Performs teaching and related faculty functions in mathematics or mathematics/computer science.
- Leads and participates in departmental and college responsibilities, including curriculum development and grants.
- Develops and employs instructional methods and strategies appropriate for courses including, but not limited to, student-centered learning, active learning, online homework, learning communities, service learning, mathematical and statistical software packages and internet-centered educational technology. Performs appropriate assessment to measure strategy-effectiveness.
- Leads and participates in review and continuous assessment and improvement of remedial math sequence.
- Coordinates course materials and methods with other faculty.
- Participates in faculty development opportunities including workshops and college programs.
- Leads and serves on departmental and college-wide committees, including administrative, supervisory and other functions.
- Displays productive scholarship or achievement in pedagogy and/or mathematics research.
Evening or weekend teaching may be required.
Ph.D. degree, or equivalent, in mathematics or mathematics-education required. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Experience teaching in a diverse community college setting, successful grant writing, and experience with educational technology preferred.
$59,608 - $64,956
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Review of applications will begin after 45 days
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.