Maintenance Worker (Provisional - 3 positions)
Job ID: 8106
Contract Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: Queensborough CC
Department: Buildings & Grounds
Category: Support Staff
Issue Date: May 29 2013
Closing Date: June 29 2013
Job Type: Full TimeRegular
Under direct supervision, assists in the routine maintenance, operation and repair of public buildings and structures, and the equipment they contain; performs related work.
- Maintains, adjusts and makes repairs of buildings hardware, furniture, shelving and equipment.
- Replaces broken window and door glass.
- Repairs windows and sash.
- Makes minor repairs to masonry, woodwork, flooring and walls.
- Makes minor repairs to building electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
- Assists in relocating building equipment as directed.
- Keeps records.
1. Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a mechanic, journeyperson or helper in the electrical trades, the mechanical trades, or the construction or maintenance of buildings; OR
2. Not less than two years of such experience plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school; OR
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to 1 or 2 above. However, all candidates must have at least two years of experience as specified in 1 above.
Hire Rate: $51,908
Beginning of Second Year: $52,513
Beginning of Third Year: $54,580
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.