Job ID: 8581
Contract Title: IT Support Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Office of Information Technology
Category: Information Technology/Technical
Issue Date: July 18 2013
Closing Date: August 18 2013
I.T. Support Assistants support routine operations and problem resolution of computing and/or communications functions at a College or Unit. They work in technical support, applications development, operations, help desk, and similar environments, as well as in the field where equipment may be located.
Work tasks include as:
-Operating, transporting, adjusting, and installing/configuring computing and related equipment
-Communicating with technology users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
-Performing simple repairs to computing and related equipment.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Help Desk Supervisor, the successful candidate will:
- Provide basic IT support to QCC Faculty, staff, and students over the phone, walk in, and in faculty or staff offices for:
MS Exchange/Outlook Email/Outlook web access
Microsoft Office 2007/2010
Active Directory account
- Install software and hardware.
- Diagnose and repair simple hardware problems.
- Open and follow-up on QCC incidents using Service Desk.
- Open and follow-up on CUNYfirst incidents using CRM.
- Provide assistance with problem management.
Communicate with CUNY helpdesk regarding open/pending issues.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. Eighteen months of related full-time work experience or equivalent, such as completion of eighteen college credits in Information Technology
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
New Hire: $32,571*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.