Job ID: 8582
Contract Title: IT Senior Associate
Location: Queensborough CC
Department: Information Technology
Category: Information Technology/Technical
Issue Date: August 05 2013
Closing Date: September 05 2013
I.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.
I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Campus Specific Information:
- Functions as Project Manager for the programming, analysis, and implementation of large projects.
- Carries out responsibilities of Oracle Database Administrator including maintenance of Database Servers and Application Servers; performs software upgrades; writes scripts; automates routine tasks; performs backups, database monitoring, and PL/SQL and performance tuning.
- Develops complex reports utilizing PeopleSoft HCM. Develops Campus Solutions reports using PeopleSoft Query, SQL, Crystal Reports and XML/BI Publisher.
- Installs and configures Oracle products including Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, and Oracle SOA Suite.
- Creates complex systems using Oracle's Application Express framework (APEX).
- Serves as resource person on Red Hat Linux and Shell scripting.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, to qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 4 to 8 years of progressive experience in programming, analysis, and large implementation projects as well as project management skills
- 6+ years of experience administering Oracle Database Servers and Application Servers, including software upgrades, script-writing, routine task automation, backups, database monitoring, PL/SQL, and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience developing reports in PeopleSoft HCM and Campus Solutions using PeopleSoft Query, SQL, Crystal Reports and XML/BI Publisher
- Experience with installation and configuration of Oracle products including Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, and Oracle SOA Suite
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle's Application Express framework (APEX)
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Linux, Shell scripting, and Network fundamentals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.