Job ID: 7092
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: November 20 2012
Closing Date: December 17 2012
Develops and administers processes and policies regarding Human Resources.
- Advises employees and managers on Human Resources policies and guidelines; provides a high level of customer service in assisting members of the College community
- Supervises and administers one or more human resources programs such as recruiting, pay administration, employee orientation, employee benefits, data entry and recordkeeping, and performance appraisal/reappointment practices
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of CUNY rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements, and College policies, and applies these to his/her areas of responsibility
- Investigates regarding sensitive employee issues or complaints
- Helps create innovative communications such as manuals, web pages, or employee meetings and provides these to the College community
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Director of Personnel, the HR Specialist for Civil Service Operations will:
- Supervises classified staff operations of recruitment, record keeping and processing
- Advises college department heads on recruitment, hiring procedures and compliance.
- Prepares ad hoc reports
- Maintains data to ensure accuracy in payroll and CUNYfirst systems in compliance with policies, contracts and regulations
- Liaison with CUNY Human Resources for personnel processing such as medical requirements, fingerprint reporting, and civil service list administration
- Authorizes civil service personnel and payroll transactions
- Authorizes position requests in CUNYfirst
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Experience in supervision and management of staff
- Experience in managing a program or operations
- Experience in working with personnel and payroll data systems
- Experience in civil service operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse population
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.