Job ID: 6423
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Faculty and Staff Relations
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: September 04 2012
Closing Date: October 06 2012
Manages a portfolio of Human Resources programs and operations at the College level.
- Assumes responsibility for delivery of one or more human resources programs, which may include recruitment, performance management, labor relations, pay administration, recordkeeping, and/or human resources technology.
- Manages staff responsible for carrying out operations in the Human Resources office.
- Directly supports College department chairs and managers in staff planning, recruiting, hiring, and resolving sensitive personnel issues regarding their employees.
- Provides guidance on the impact of laws and regulations, CUNY policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Provides outreach to employees and provides communications such as meetings, newsletters, and web sites.
- Compiles accurate and well-organized reports.
- Assists management with developing policies, procedures, and programs to support Human Resources objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Director of Faculty & Staff Relations, the HR Manager for Adjunct Operations will:
- Assume responsibility for the administration of HR operations and processes for part-time teaching and non-teaching instructional staff (adjuncts).
- Have oversight of the preparation of HR actions for the College's tax levy payroll.
- Supervise and train staff as assigned.
- Work with fiscal offices, Office of Academic Affairs and academic department chairpersons on adjunct budget reports and analyses.
- Liaise with Registrar's Office and Office of Information Technology to oversee and manage adjunct data processing in University's integrated computer information system (CUNYfirst).
- Apply appropriate compliance: Maintain in-depth understanding of CUNY and external agency rules and regulations, relevant laws and guidelines, collective bargaining agreements, and College policies and practices.
- Oversee HR related workload and auditing for tax levy payrolls for college employees.
- Oversee implementation of HR related payroll modifications mandated by contractual labor agreements and other mandated changes.
Evening hours may be assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
Six (6) years of appropriate full-time experience as follows:
- Experience with supervision and management of staff.
- Experience in administering one or more significant Human Resources program(s) or operation(s).
- Experience with preparation of HR actions for payroll implementation.
- Active involvement with the operation of an Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP - PeopleSoft Platform); in-depth experience specifically with CUNYfirst is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; must be able to communicate with tact, poise and respect.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
An appropriate earned Master's degree may be used to count toward 2 years of experience.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.