Job ID: 8261
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough CC
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: June 13 2013
Closing Date: July 14 2013
Administers a College student accounts function under management direction.
- Administers processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables including cashier activities; supervises and approves refund process
- Reviews student accounts; manages delinquent accounts in collaboration with collection agency
- Advises students on tuition payment options and resolution process
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and College policies
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Supervise Third Party and Agency Accounts:
- Regularly meet/receive status updates from staff responsible for these accounts.
- Oversee billing of Third Party Accounts within required timeframes.
- Oversee posting of payments received.
- Oversee billing of students for chargebacks/dishonored items; adjusting both student and agency account as required.
- Run reports, monitor receivables.
- Provide regular reconciliation reports to Management and Accounting.
- Responsible for maintaining/updating configuration and creation of Third Party Contracts as on a semester and ad-hoc basis.
- Attend meetings with Central Office OUC on any matters pertaining to Third Party Contracts.
Student Accounts Receivable Collections and Write Offs Management:
- Semi-annual placement of delinquent accounts.
- Supervise college liaisons (2) for collection agencies.
- Research disputed accounts; seek assistance from other departments as required.
Tax-Offset Program Management:
- Liaison with OUC for Satisfaction of Judgments; Offers in Compromise.
- Provide regular status reports and monitor performance against University targets and other relevant benchmarks.
Assist in the maintenance of cash handling and controls:
- Verification of cashier daily deposits.
- Authorization of exception transactions (i.e. voids, refunds, and overrides).
- Preparation of weekly bank deposit.
- Review of cashiering reports for irregularities.
- Investigation of disputes.
Front line supervisor:
- Ensure that cashiers/window personnel provide exceptional customer service to students and all customers, particularly the timely and professional response to all inquiries.
- Train and develop new hires in all aspects of cashiering and customer service as relates to CUNY1st.
- Provide regular training and development workshops for cashiers to ensure that all are well equipped to service and staff.
- Collaborate with appropriate college offices, including but not limited to the Offices of Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Affairs, and Information Technology Services, to ensure efficient interdepartmental workflow and communication.
- Assist in the oversight and management of staff and daily operations of the Office of the Bursar particularly in light of ERP requirements in the next several years.
Evening hours are sometimes required.
A Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience are required
- Four (4) years' experience in a Bursar Office or equivalent administrative experience in higher education
- Strong analytical, managerial, and technical skills
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.