Job ID: 10536
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Marketing & Communications
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: April 11 2014
Closing Date: May 11 2014
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
-Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
-Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
-Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
-Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
-Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
-Supervises staff as needed
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Queensborough Community College, a community college of The City University of New York, seeks a Communications Electronic Media Manager to work closely with the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing to develop and implement electronic communication strategies to support enrollment and the overall advancement of the College.
The Communications Electronic Media Manager's primary responsibilities are in marketing and communications to promote a deep public appreciation of the institution's work through clear and consistent electronic communications directed to key audiences including students, faculty, staff, alumni, peer institutions, scholars, and the media.
S/he will provide visionary management to the College and serve as the chief writer, editor, and strategist for the College's digital platforms. The portfolio includes the College website, social media, blast e-mails, online advertising, campus digital signage, QCC mobile app, etc.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications and Public Relations, the Communications Electronic Media Manager will:
- Plan, research, write copy, and edit content for grammar, style, and consistency.
- Serve as manager and editor-in-chief of college website, overseeing general presentation and producing content in cooperation with departmental or office representatives and web team.
- Assume the responsibility of chief new media strategist, producing and managing written and visual content, maintaining branding standards, consistency, and uniformity across digital platforms, including website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), email marketing, online advertising, campus digital signage, QCC mobile app, etc.
- Develop and place articles on the home page and in other university and community media outlets to promote the College, its faculty, students, programs, and events.
- Review content for quality and completeness, and work with administration, faculty, and staff to ensure written content is complete and ready for digital platforms.
- Maintain messaging on all electronic media platforms and disseminate emergency notifications as required.
Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Solid experience writing, posting, and editing content for a digital environment
- Strong editorial, design, and technical judgment and skills
- Experience working with content management systems in a complex organization
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of major Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and strong quantitative skills, including in-depth understanding of Facebook insights and Twitter Analytics
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet constantly changing and multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in higher education preferred
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information, or visit:
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.