Job ID: 9910
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: December 11 2013
Closing Date: April 08 2014
Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized
- Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student
advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information
about financial aid and registration
-Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys;
collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
- Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and
appropriate referrals to students
- Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
- Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies
- May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Chairperson of the Nursing Department, the Academic Program Coordinator
will provide basic operational and analytical support for the Nursing program
at Queensborough Community College.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Academic Program Coordinator will:
- Maintain and monitor contracts and transfer agreements with all clinical
facilities to ensure timely renewal and updates.
- Implement methods to facilitate the Nursing Department's independent student
- Serve as a resource contact for students in new dual/joint programs.
- Maintain database of student surveys in accordance with rigorous
- Collaborate with faculty to organize departmental academic advisement.
Bachelor's Degree required
Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite and experience creating and using databases
- Experience working in an academic department office, preferably in a Nursing
or Allied Health department, desired
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and complete tasks in timely fashion,
under periodic pressure
- Familiarity with academic program requirements and with contracts with health
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account,
and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.