Job ID: 9915
Contract Title: College Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Office of Institutional Research & Assessment
Category: Support Staff
Issue Date: December 10 2013
Closing Date: January 10 2014
- Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration
- There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
- Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records, operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards, act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
- Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
- Acts as cashier.
- Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
- Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
- Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
- Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
Campus Specific Information:
- Assist in extracting, compiling, and summarizing data on students, instructional activities, and other aspects.
- Assist in the analysis of data in Microsoft Excel and statistical software (preferable SPSS) in order to produce meaningful reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
Preferred qualifications include:
- One or more years of experience in quantitative data analysis
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to work confidentially with sensitive data
- Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), statistical software (SPSS or SAS), and presentation software
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Some analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Up to $20.00 per hour depending on experience; flexible hours
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.