Job ID: 9912
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Human Resources and Labor Relations
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: December 11 2013
Closing Date: January 10 2014
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
- Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
- Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
- Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
The Office of Human Resources' mission is to deliver comprehensive resources and services that include recruitment, employee benefits, performance management, classification, and compensation as well as employee labor relations and legal affairs. We are committed to providing the highest quality services and we will strive to support our employees so they can better serve our students and our community. We are also dedicated to attracting, encouraging and retaining a highly qualified workforce to support the College's mission of academic excellence.
Reporting to the Director of Faculty and Staff Relations, the Human Resources Coordinator for Instructional Staff performs human resources functions related to employment, on-boarding, leaves, separations and time and attendance.
The responsibilities of the position will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide analytical and administrative support for all phases of employment processing.
- Process employment actions through CUNYFirst (PeopleSoft) Human Capital Management (HCM).
- Run the Chancellor's University Report in HCM; review and audit all employment actions.
- Audit HCM transactions by running reports in HCM.
- Create and update employment histories and contracts.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all required information with the Payroll Office.
- Serve as the I9 processor for all newly hired and rehired employees.
- Serve as the time and attendance coordinator for full-time faculty, reviewing and processing absence reports in accordance with contractual guidelines.
- Assist the Director of Faculty and Staff Relations in processing and tracking leaves such as FMLA, Paid Parental Leave, and other leaves.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience working in a Higher Education setting, Human Resources field, and with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Products such as Word and Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines, individually and as a team member
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.