Job ID: 9717
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: November 14 2013
Closing Date: December 14 2013
Provides operational support for a College student accounts function.
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; responds to student account inquiries
- Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
Under supervision, provides operational support for the Bursar office, with emphasis on revenue monitoring of billing functions including, but not limited to Third Party receivables, Out of County coordination, and Institutional Scholarships and student customer service.
Such work will include, but is not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain Third Party billing and/or Out of County agreements to ensure maximum revenue collection.
- Adjust student accounts according to terms of specific Third Party billing agreement.
- Investigate Third Party or Out of County denials and communicate with and bill students as appropriate.
- Maintain files and data base for all Third Party revenue and collections including those required for audit.
- Post scholarships to student accounts and coordinate with Accounting and other offices to ensure collection of funds disbursed.
- Work closely with students to resolve billing issues and assist in the navigation of the Student Financials module.
Availability for evening hours work required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- One to two years of experience working with students in a college environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and experience handling difficult situations with customers in a professional and respectful manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle student registration/payment systems or equivalent preferred
- Computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with third party billing and Point of Sale cash registers preferred
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.