Job ID: 11165
Contract Title: Higher Education Officer
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Marketing and Communications
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: August 07 2014
Closing Date: September 17 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: August 21 2014
Develops, implements, and oversees College-wide marketing plans to achieve institutional goals.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing, advertising and communications
- Develops overall advertising and media strategies to achieve image, awareness, enrollment, recruiting, and/or fundraising goals
- Provide professional and managerial oversight of a broad range of marketing programs and tools, including digital, print, mail, broadcast, social networking, and other media
- Manages and develops internal staff and external resources
- Develops and analyzes key metrics of marketing effectiveness, as well as budgets and costs related to marketing programs and campaigns
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Queensborough Community College, a community college of The City University of New York, seeks a Director of Creative Services to provide strategic vision and leadership to the College while serving as the primary steward of the visual identity of the College, overseeing the production and management of the elements that result in a creative and compelling visual brand.
The Director of Creative Services will serve as the chief strategist, writer, and editor for the College's print, film, and video collateral. Principal duties also include concept development, design, art direction, production, and print coordination of a range of projects including high-profile pieces aimed at internal and external audiences, marketing and fundraising materials, special event invitations, print and digital ads, etc.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing, the Director of Creative Services will, in addition to the above duties:
- Oversee production and media services (graphic designers, photographers, and videographers).
- Plan, research, write copy, and edit content for grammar, style, consistency; ensure that messages are communicated clearly, consistently, and accurately across all publications.
- Oversee and produce creative, visually compelling collateral from concept to completion, including the annual report, various comprehensive program brochures, advertising, special event invitations, direct mail solicitations, promotional materials, logos, banners, posters, and a variety of other marketing print and collateral materials as needed.
- Work with the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing to review and approve design elements to ensure that the College's branding is communicated clearly, consistently, and accurately across all publications; drive creative solutions that further refine that brand.
- Oversee the art direction of photo shoots as needed; evaluate and select final photos for publication.
Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Graphic design and pre-press skills essential; Macintosh OS X computer experience with knowledge of the CS6 Creative Suite, including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop are required
- Experience working with Dreamweaver, Flash, or other web-related product
- Demonstrated ability in all phases of creative process, including design, layout, and printing; must be able to develop and execute a design from idea to concept to completion
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, from creative process through production, within tight deadlines in a busy office environment
- Experience designing and producing comprehensive program brochures, advertising, special event invitations, direct mail solicitations, promotional materials, logos, banners, posters, and a variety of other marketing print and collateral
- Experience overseeing photography assignments for marketing collateral
- Exceptional written communications skills, excellent editorial judgment, and solid proofreading skills to ensure all materials are high-quality and accurate
- Experience in message development and audience identification, with ability to adapt style to suit different communications audiences
- Strong creative writing and design skills for creating eye-catching hooks and designs
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while managing multiple, priority assignments
- Outstanding creativity, attention to detail, and strong customer service skills
- Effective leadership abilities with experience successfully managing people
Commensurate with experience and credentials.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will be reviewed of all applicants who include submission of a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio that highlights creative and technical skills, abilities, and potential.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.