Job ID: 10911
Contract Title: IT Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Category: Information Technology/Technical
Issue Date: July 01 2014
Closing Date: July 31 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: July 16 2014
I.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at
Campus Specific Information:
An IT Associate performs professional jobs of moderate complexity in Telecommunications:
- Demonstrates mastery of Telecommunications and decision-making ability. Performs a range of work in programming, communications, and technical support.
- Manages and leads assigned complex projects in Telecommunications, and completes them on a timely basis.
- Resolves complex problems in Telecommunications with little or no supervision, communicates with others both verbally and in writing. Explains problem resolutions to others and instructs others in implementing them.
- Understands related technical areas outside of Telecommunications such as PCs, operating systems, and computer networks.
- Serves as a technical resource for College's entire Telecommunication system.
- Conducts ongoing training to Telecommunications staff and College faculty and staff.
- Prioritizes work according to the standards of the Telecommunications Department.
- Participates in staff selection, based on resumes and interviews. Participates in evaluating personnel.
- Provides Telecommunications help desk support for the College community.
- Manages the Telecommunications Department's daily operations. Instructs three less senior staff members on performing their tasks. Interacts with the College Community regarding their telecom needs.
- Administers Nortel CS1000 (Meridian) PBX with 140 trunks and 1,500 endpoints and CallPilot voice mail with 800+ mail boxes, Contact Center Manager Server, Desktop Messaging, Application Builder and Valcom PA system with 100+ endpoints.
- Moves, adds, changes, and repairs M3900 series phone sets.
- Structures cabling, using BIX system.
- Identifies continuity, short, and open circuits using a toner and probe.
- Reads blueprints.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Linux basic installation and usage of CLI and GUI
- Digium Asterisk basic installation and administration
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.