Job ID: 10835
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Pre-College, Continuing Education and Workforce Development
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: June 13 2014
Closing Date: July 13 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: June 27 2014
Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Manager
Campus Specific Information:
CUNY's Early College Initiative is an innovative model in which students have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate degree in six years, all while gaining `real-life' work experience through internships and apprenticeships with an industry partner. Queensborough Community College has partnered with the NYC Department of Education and the multinational software corporation, SAP, to form this six year high school and college program that will focus on business technology. Students will earn one of two A.A.S. degrees in either Internet Technology or Computer Information Systems. September 2014 will be the launch of the freshman class with 110 students entering and approximately 100 students every year thereafter. The name of the school is Business Technology Early College High School (BTECH). The College Liaison serves as an intermediary between Queensborough Community College, BTECH and SAP and, once the school opens, will be resident part of the week at the college and part at the high school. The Liaison works with the college, high school, and industry staff to ensure well-coordinated program implementation and administration. The College Liaison will report directly to the Interim Vice President of Pre-College, Continuing Education, and Workforce Development.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- As the college advisor for the students, ensure that the guidelines and standards set for eligibility into college programs by the faculty and administrators are carried out. Register and guide students during each semester enrollment period.
- In conjunction with faculty and administrators, plan and coordinate non-academic events for the students. Establish and implement an orientation program for new students and families.
- Administer and monitor all fiscal budgets associated with this Early College Initiative.
- Collaborate with the school and college on the monitoring and evaluation of program data.
- Coordinate all activities related to workplace learning, the mentoring program, study skills, and career and job placement skills with the industry liaison, workplace learning coordinator, and high school guidance counselor.
- Schedule and attend regular school planning meetings, including all Steering Committee and Subcommittee meetings. This includes coordinating date, time, location, set up, and invitations and act as recording secretary.
- Learn both college and high school technology systems required to process student and financial data.
To learn more about the school, please visit www.btechnyc.org or www.qcc.cuny.edu under the About tab and Early College Initiative.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative work experience in either an accredited institution of higher education or in a NYC Department of Education school
- Experience working as a college advisor and/or high school counselor
- Budget management experience
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.