Job ID: 10676
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Pre-College, Continuing Education and Workplace Development
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: May 02 2014
Closing Date: June 01 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: May 16 2014
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
The Division of Pre-College, Continuing Education and Workplace Development at Queensborough Community College is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for the CUNY Start Program. CUNY Start is an intensive 18 week program that offers full-time classes in academic reading, writing, and math for students who have not passed one or more of the CUNY placement tests.
- Handles all logistical tasks supporting student recruitment efforts.
- Maintains recruitment tracking report and issues report as needed.
- Inputs and maintains program data and communicates to Central Office as needed.
- Designs and produces class rosters at the beginning of the term and updates accordingly.
- Acts as liaison with Registrar concerning message courses.
- Assists with bookkeeping and budget reconciliation.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- 2 years related experience in higher education
- Experienced in using Excel
- Availability for possible evening hours
$35,576 - $40,129
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.