Want to be part of CSTEP?
To be Eligible for CSTEP, students need to:
- Be interested in participating in the CSTEP program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled full-time every semester (12 credits or more)
- Be in good academic standing in an approved STEM; licensed profession or health-related undergraduate program of study.
- Be a New York State resident (Student is considered a New York State resident if he or she resides in New York State and has lived in New York State for the last two terms of high school prior to graduation; Or resided in New York State for at least 12 months immediately preceding the first term for which the applicant is seeking acceptance into two CSTEP and has established permanent residence in New York State.)
- Be part of a minority group historically under-represented in STEM (Black or African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native) and demonstrate interest in, and potential for, a CSTEP-targeted profession.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Note: Students enrolled in the State-funded opportunity programs (HEOP, EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery) are eligible to participate in CSTEP; However, no more than 20 percent of all CSTEP participants can be simultaneously enrolled in an opportunity program.
What Programs of Study are Accepted by CSTEP?
CSTEP accepts students enrolled in the following curricula:
- Accounting (BA)
- Biotechnology (BY)
- Business Administration (accounting only) (BT)
- Catholic Medical Center (KM)
- Computer Engineering Technology (CT)
- Computer Information Systems (DP)
- Computerized Architectural and Industrial Design (DD)
- Digital Art and Design (DA)
- Electronic Engineering Technology (ET)
- Environmental Health (EH)
- Health Sciences (HS)
- Laser and Fiber Optics Engineering Technology (PL)
- Liberal Arts And Sciences and Childhood Education (LE)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (Mathematics and Sciences) (LS)
- Massage Therapy (TM)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MT)
- Medical Office Assistant (MA)
- Internet Technology (EM)
- Nursing (NS)
- Nursing (Pre-Clinical) (NP)
- Office Administration and Technology (BS)
- Pre- Engineering (PE)
- Science for Forensic (SF)
- Telecommunication Technology (TC)
What does CSTEP expect from its students?
- Participate in an Internship or research project prior to graduation
- Attend all CSTEP club events
- Check your tigermail daily and reply as necessary
- Be in constant communicate with CSTEP staff
- Come in for advisement
- Ask for help when you need it