Dr. Jordan A. Verdis
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Yale University
- M.S., Organic Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece
- CH-102: Living in a Chemical World Lab
- CH-103: Chemistry and the Arts
- CH-104: Chemistry and the Arts Lab
- CH-120: Fundamentals of Chemistry
- CH-121: Fundamentals of Chemistry Laboratory
- CH-127: Introductory College Chemistry Lecture and Lab
- CH-128: Introductory Organic Chemistry Lecture and Lab
- CH-151: General Chemistry I Lecture and Lab
- CH-251: Organic Chemistry I Lecture and Lab
- Computational chemistry: Ab Initio investigations of organic reactions and reaction mechanisms.
- Chemical Informatics: Computer representation of chemical reactions.
- Chemical Education: Incorporation of computational chemistry terminology and methods into the first-year chemistry curriculum. Development of novel laboratory experiments for introductory organic chemistry students.
- 2007 – present Queensborough Community College
- Substitute Assistant Instructor (2008 - present)
- Adjunct Professor (2007 - 2008)
- 2008 – present York College (Adjunct Professor)
- 2006 – 2007 Nassau Community College (Adjunct Instructor)
Membership In Professional Societies
- American Chemical Society
- Association for Computing Machinery
- "Computer Assisted Mechanistic Evaluation of Organic Reactions. 22. The Generation and Use of Three-Dimensional Structures." Gothe, S.A.; Helson, H.E.; Houdaverdis, I.; Lagerstedt, I.; Sinclair, S.; Jorgensen, W.L. J. Org. Chem. 1984, 58, 5081-5094.
- "A Double Decay Experiment: Half-Life Determination of Two Independently Decaying Radionuclides." Houdaverdis, I.; Kontis, S.S. J. Chem. Educ. 1991, 68, 171-172.