Job Admin Analyst
Description: Reporting directly to FISA's Financial Systems Job Administration Director, the candidate will be responsible for the submission of jobs in production and test environments, tracking of the status of submitted jobs, escalation to Level 2 support during failure scenarios as well as additional tasks related to the creation and continued enhancement of financial system job schedule. The Job Admin Analyst will perform Tier 1 ~ production support for FMS/3 supported production Applications as well as Tier 1 support for the FMS/2 Budget support; Said applications comprise a UNIX and IBM Mainframe platforms. The suite of applications supported, includes, but is not limited to the following enterprise systems: PIP, IFA, VENDEX, City Wide Accounting and FMS Budget. Job administration duties span FISA's mainframe and UNIX platforms. The candidate will be required to gain a deep understanding the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships). The candidate must possess in dept knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; PROCS; working knowledge of ISPF; CA-Scheduling technique and
equal knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities. He/She will support and help process batch jobs streams via the CA-Scheduler, and must understand and be able to verify jobs condition codes for validations. The candidate must be able to interact with all support groups in abends debugging and problems resolutions. Must differentiate between processing environments and support Development Teams in the testing of various integrated batch Job Streams; support/move scripts and programs into the production servers and assist with troubleshooting. The candidate will be using the following toolset as part of their day to day job duties: CA-Scheduler Products, including CA-Scheduler; CA-Agent and CA-Adapter, and IBM Mainframe z/OS and AIX Operating systems. The primary applications supported are Enterprise wide financial and payroll applications.
|Type of Opportunity
||New York, NY
|Field of Study
||Computer Information Systems, Internet Technology
|Special Skills & Requirements
||1. A certificate from an accredited technical school (approximately 675 hours) with a specialization in computer operations, and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, working on large-scale mainframe computer operations or mainframe data communication networks; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least two years of full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above.
- Be able to process Application Job flows and monitor its batch job condition codes.
- Be able to schedule and process refreshes of AIX environments as requested.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction.
- Process Backups/Restores as required.
- Strongly preferred - Experience with Advantage Financial applications
- 3 year experience working on AIX/Unix platform performing activities involving setting up or running batch processes / cycle flows.
- 3 years experience working on a mainframe platform performing activities involving setting up or running batch processes/ cycle flows.
- 5 years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
||Financial Information Services Agency (FISA)
||450 W. 33rd Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10001
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 166419
Back to your search results | Start a new Search