Description: The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Middleware/PeopleSoft Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and phased rollout implementation of Timekeeping, HR and Benefits functions of the CityTime and PeopleSoft HRMS applications.
Primary Responsibilities include:
This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of associated Middleware (WAS, MQ, Cognos) infrastructure and PeopleSoft, PeopleTools. Tasks will include supporting the infrastructure of critical citywide applications. This person will function as one of the technical administrators for the group and work with various teams, and will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines
|Type of Opportunity
||New York, NY
|Field of Study
||Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programing
|Special Skills & Requirements
||Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Extensive experience in administration of associated middleware products like IBM WebSphere, Oracle Web Logic, etc.
- Experience in understanding and debugging Java errors
- Extensive experience of PeopleSoft Administration, ideally with HRMS modules
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead a team of technical professionals
- Perform PS upgrades and patch installations
- Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, PeopleSoft debugging, PeopleSoft tuning
- Strong knowledge of PS and Oracle RAC Architecture integration and configuration
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups
||Financial Information Services Agency
||450 W. 33rd Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10001
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #159684
Back to your search results | Start a new Search