@ Psychological Aspect:
- Get enough sleep the night before
- Go in with confidence
- Keep cool and focused
@ Cruising Through the Reading Passages: You Control the Ship
- Read each passage Carefully
- Assume there is something interesting to learn
- Make sure you understand what each question is asking you.
- Look at the first question, then go back to the reading.
- Be Aware of ‘Overall Meaning’ Questions Vs. ‘Particular Point’ Questions
@ Question Types
- Main Idea/Central Point = a) The main point of the passage is/ b) The passage is primarily concerned with…
- Inferences= a) It can be inferred from the passage that….b) In the third paragraph the author is implying that….
- Vocabulary in Context = a) The word X in line 6 could be replaced by the word ____ b) The word X in line 9 is referring to ____
- Tone/ Attitude/ Purpose = a) Which of the following best describes the author’s tone? B) What is the author’s attitude toward the British labor movement? C) The author’s primary purpose is…
- Supporting Details= a) Which sentence best supports the main idea that primitive societies often function very effectively?, b) Which of the following is not mentioned as a cause of male violence?