Research Foundation Hiring Procedures - Rehires
The Research Foundation considers an employee with a break-in-service of 120 days or more to be a rehire. The applicability of this procedure is determined by the last timesheet date of the prior appointment and the start date of the new appointment.
Research Foundation employee’s Rehire package must be completed and sent to the Office of Grants/Sponsored Programs, Room H-336 one week before the proposed start date.
In order to expedite the processing of your rehire employee’s paperwork and payroll, please have the following forms completed and signed:
To help make sure you do not lose track of what you need, you can print out a checklist.
I: The i9-form is now initiated online, but new hires must still meet in person with a hiring official in the QCC Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs to present their form(s) of identification. Hiring managers, please contact the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs at 718.631.6357 and provide us with each new employee’s name and email address to begin the process. New hires will receive an EMAIL invitation to complete section 1 of the i9 form online. Upon completion of section 1 of the online i9, the new hire must call the Office of Grants and Sponsored programs at 718.631.6357 to make an appointment to physically come into the office and complete Section 2 of the i9. (They may also drop off the remainder of their completed RF hire paperwork at this appointment.). List of acceptable documents for i9 verification is available for download. All documents must be unexpired and originals. Photocopies are not acceptable. Hiring managers should note that the i9 form process must be completed no later than 3 business days from the new hire’s start date.
II: The following forms should be completed by the employee with the PI/PD. Please make sure all documents are appropriately signed and dated.
- Rehire Acknowledgement Form - Revised: 6/3/15 Employee must complete this form if they are being hired by a Research Foundation project after a break-in-service of 120 days or more
- Employee Wage Title Designator This form must be generated on the Research Foundation Website by the Principal Investigator on or before the start date of the employee. Both PI and Employee will need to sign.
- Job Duties and QualificationsRevised: 6/3/15
- Consent to Request Consumer Report & Investigative Consumer Report Information or Combined Disclosure Notice and Authorization Regarding Background Consumer Reports & Summary of Rights Under FCRA – Parental Consent for Minors Only or OUT OF (NY) STATE residents; State specific rights
- 2017 Federal W-4 Tax Form
- IT-2104 Withholding Allowance NYS or IT-2104 E Exemption from Withholding NYS
- Change of Address (if applicable)
- Notification of Annual Leave Policy
- Annual Leave Scheduling Form (Please download and save file to your computer before completing. ContactSueAne Solares-Lozaat ext. 6357 if you have any questions.)
- QCC HR Approval Letter - Should only be completed if a prospective RF employee is currently a Full-Time/Part-Time CUNY Faculty/Staff. Note that an additional Multiple Position Form will be required for Full-Time CUNY Faculty.
III: The completed package should be brought to the OGSP
IV: The package will be sent out to the RF for processing. This typically takes a week to be entered into their system depending on their workload. When it is complete, the Grants office, PI/PD and employee will receive an email. Then the PI/PD can create an epaf.
V: Once the employee receives their welcome email, they should go into the RF site and make sure their contact information, direct deposit are all correct.