DB2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Description: FISA is in search of an experienced DB2 database administrator with solid experience supporting DB2 v9 or higher on an IBM z/OS platform. Primary responsibilities include working with application development teams to install and migrate releases, support execution of data fixes, define new and execute databases recovery functions for DR drills, definition
and execution of standard database tuning procedures (e.g., runstats, reorgs).
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
|Type of Opportunity
||New York, NY
|Field of Study
||Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programing
|Special Skills & Requirements
Candidate will have excellent performance tuning and troubleshooting skills, such as database tuning, SQL tuning. The candidate will be able to find and resolve the problems quickly. Candidate will be comfortable opening and working tickets logged with IBM to resolution.
Experience with IBM DB2 V9 database management. Experience with the interoperability of the CICS transaction server and DB2. Ability to author and maintain REXX scripts. Candidate must have demonstrated experience working with application teams to build and maintain data propagation solutions (DPROP). Deep experience supporting large scale, enterprise wide, financial applications.
Responsibilities will also include creation and validation of procedures for all database processes.
Participate in on-call rotation and flexible work hours to support project development.
The Candidate must have demonstrated expert level skills with the following tools/products:
• DB2 v9 or higher.
• DB2 Connect.
• IBM DPROP (data propagator).
• File-Aid for DB2.
• All utilities required execution of DB2 Image Copies.
• REXX script development.
The Candidate should have familiarity with the following tools/products:
• Korn Shell Scripting.
• DB2 on the AIX platform.
• BMC Mainview.
• Oracle Databases.
• Oracle Gateway.
• DB2 Connect.
The candidate must have the following skills:
• Ability to troubleshoot issues with DB2 embedded within COBOL programs.
• Ability to manage application database (table) definitions across multiple environments in a sound configuration management strategy that ensures a consistent implementation.
• Ability to troubleshoot connectivity and database session management issues for threads initiated from distributed Unix platforms.
• Minimum 10 years hands-on experience in a database administrator role on the DB2/z0S platform.
• Minimum 10 years experience implementing a full System Development Lifecycle for an enterprise wide system for a large, complex organization.
• Minimum 10 years experience working on mainframe platforms managing DB2 databases.
• Experience working with Financial Applications is strongly preferred.
||Financial Information Services Agency (FISA)
||450 W. 33rd Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10001
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 152184
Back to your search results | Start a new Search