In-Home Respite Specialist
Description: • Provides appropriate one-on-one supervision of the individual(s) and necessary protective measures to ensure the safety of the individual(s) at all times.
• Actively engages individual(s) in providing respite services to assigned families, in collaboration with the individual and their family, in the person’s home or in the local community.
• In-Home Respite Specialist is responsible for writing and submitting respite session reports after each session, and providing time sheets signed by themselves and the person receiving respite on a weekly basis.
• Promotes enthusiasm and helps create supportive atmosphere for active participation and socialization.
• Represents HeartShare is a professional manner.
|Type of Opportunity
||Respite Recreation (Brooklyn)
|Field of Study
|Special Skills & Requirements
||• High School Diploma or GED required
• BA, AA or college-level courses preferred
• Satisfactory writing and strong communication skills
• Experience in providing direct support services to individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
• CPR & First Aid Certified preferred
||HeartShare Human Services
|About the Company:
||Making a world of difference in our community since 1914, HeartShare Human Services of New York is a nonprofit human services agency dedicated to improving the lives of people in need of special services and support. We help individuals develop to their fullest potential and lead meaningful and enriched lives.
HeartShare is committed to serving the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. Our services include:
Adult Day Programs
Early Childhood Services
School Age Program
Health and Mental Health Services (Article 28 and Article 16 Clinics)
Medicaid Service Coordination
Parent Training, Case Management and Financial Reimbursement
Fragile X Information and Referral
HeartShare also offers diverse services for children and families including:
Foster Care and Adoption Services
Foster Care Prevention, Counseling and Advocacy Services
Energy Assistance Programs
|How To Apply:
||Contact Suress Spencer (718) 422-3291
Back to your search results | Start a new Search