Staff Attorney JOB ID# 150936
Description: Under direction, with wide latitude for independent judgment and unreviewed action and decision, serves as an attorney in an Information Technology agency, engaging in difficult and complex legal work having significant business and financial consequences. The selected candidate will assist senior attorneys and work in areas that include but are not limited to the following: development and drafting of complex contracts (primarily IT, e.g., sw/hw acquisitions, license and maintenance agreements, systems implementations), including being responsible for all matters concerning such contracts from start to finish; researching and drafting legal opinions and policy statements; advising on questions of law, fact and administrative policy; representing the agency at meetings; advocating for the agency at disciplinary hearings, fitness hearings, grievances, and in EEO and ADA matters, etc., including drafting all necessary documents for such and being responsible for all aspects of the proceedings from beginning to end.
|Type of Opportunity
||New York, NY
|Field of Study
|Special Skills & Requirements
||Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Admission to the New York State Bar; and either "2" or "3" below.
2. One year of satisfactory United States legal experience subsequent to admission to any state bar; or
3. Six months of satisfactory service as an Agency Attorney Interne (30086).
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements:
To be assigned to Assignment Level (AL) II, candidates must have one year of experience at Assignment Level I or two years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment. To be assigned to AL III candidates must have two years of experience in Assignment Levels I and/or II or three years of comparable legal experience subsequent to admission to the bar, in the areas of law related to the assignment.
• Four years of hands-on experience creating/reviewing and negotiating a variety of
complex technology contracts, such as software and hardware license and maintenance
• Four years experience in EEO and disciplinary matters;
• Excellent legal and drafting and analytical skills (candidate should be prepared to submit
a contract drafting sample);
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• 10 years of experience handling complex matters independently.
||Financial Information Services Agency (FISA)
||450 W. 33rd Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10001
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 150936.
Back to your search results | Start a new Search