Sr. J2EE Developer
Description: JOB ID# 149545
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Sr. J2EE Developer who will provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system (CITYTIME).
Primary Responsibilities include:
Perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime that includes: activity and payroll processing; time sheet, roster, status, and roll-call functionality; employee profile, leave balance, work schedule and self-care service. Work will involve application, architecture and interface/integration development and maintenance. Technical skills include: J2EE, Java, Websphere, EJB, JUnit; Object Oriented Development; Object Oriented Pattern skills;
|Type of Opportunity
||New York, NY
|Field of Study
||Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programing
|Special Skills & Requirements
||Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• 7+ years of experience.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of basic Java skills.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of J2EE and EJBs.
• Strong knowledge of MOBs and data integration between heterogeneous environment.
• Strong knowledge of Toplink.
• Strong knowledge in MQ/JMS.
• Strong knowledge in SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle.
• Strong knowledge of integrating IBM TIM/TAM with Java applications.
• Have the ability to determine system performance and optimization.
• Have the ability to rapidly comprehend and interpret the database data structures from the business perspective.
• Familiarity with WebSphere Application Server.
• Familiarity with Struts, Unit testing frameworks, Selenium.
• Familiarity with HA and clustered deployment topologies, integration technologies.
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills.
• Good Task and Time Management skills.
||Financial Information Services Agency (FISA)
||450 W. 33rd Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10001
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 149574.
Back to your search results | Start a new Search