The Office of Career Services: Internship Opportunities
Announcement of New Internship Opportunities
Dear Queensborough Community College Student:
If you are interested in or have any questions about internships please take the time to either call (718) 631-6297 or e-mail SGrossman@qcc.cuny.edu to make an appointment with me. I will be happy to discuss your internship options with you.
Check out our Guide to Internships and Cooperative Education for more information on how to take advantage of internship opportunities.
Below are Internship Opportunities for your consideration.
Paid Internship with "The Deuce"
INTRODUCTION AND DIRECTIONS: The Deuce has a limited number of paid internship opportunities. Please complete this form to be considered for one of these internship positions. You must be available to work full time (8 hours per day) for the duration of the internship from August 3rd through August 18th. Please note that the hours and locations will vary each day according to our shoot schedule. We will be shooting all over New York City. The interviews will be held June 17th through June 24th depending on department schedules.
WHO: 18 and older - eligible to work in the U.S. No experience necessary, just a strong work ethic and an interest in learning. This highly selective program is a unique opportunity to experience what it's like to work in the television industry.
WHERE: Various locations in Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.
Turnpike Comfort Footwear
Queens based comfort & pedorthic footwear retailer looking for internship, part time or full time candidate to help in system integration of store POS with Amazon and other 3rd party platforms in addition to website updates and development.
Additional duties will include:
- POS in peak selling times
- Purchasing, receiving and shipping
- Vendor correspondence
- Amazon product development and inventory control
Medical Office Assistant Job-Internship
Northwell Health Physician Partners
Team Member. Shift employee, will need to "close" on a daily basis. Saturdays is a must.
- Performs practice spcific technical procedures based on specialty area.
- Performs technical procedures under the supervision of a clinical professional, as required.
- May prepare patient for examination.
- Explains procedure/test/exercise/examination in easy-to-understand terms based on professional knowledge.
- Sets-up equipment or exam room to administer procedure.
- Monitors patient condition
- Directly observes patient during procedure/test/exercise/examination.
- Recognizes and promptly reports to the physician changes in the patient's condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by the patient
- More »
LGBTQ-STA Intern 2016
Major(s): Business, Marketing, Office Admin. Tech., Psychology, Social Sciences, Urban Studies
Service Together Intern
Intersections International leads people to unite across lines of difference in mutual pursuit of social justice, globally and locally. We create safe space at the crossroads of some of our world’s most critical conflicts, engaging dissimilar communities in dialogue, service, advocacy and artistic expression. Together, we work toward a just world—united in diversity.
The Service Together Intern will work closely with the Service Together Manager to advance Intersections’ mission of bringing together diverse groups and individuals by working on the Service Together program. Responsibilities include assisting the Service Together Manager with outreach and recruitment of participants, creating, facilitating, and posting website and social media content, planning and implementing events, and providing input on growth strategy.
- Communicate with former and potential Service Together participants via email, social media, and the website to encourage sustained involvement.
- Represent Service Together at outreach events to cultivate new participants.
- Locate, research, and create content for the website, Facebook, and twitter accounts, including weekly blog contributions.
- Assist with planning, setup, and implementation of events including dialogues, military cultural competency workshops, and arts programming. Some evening and weekend events (1-3 per month) included.
Amnesty International - Paid
Major(s)Criminal Justice; Social Work
We are currently looking to hire for field based positions with the organization. Students with an interest in social justice, human rights, or communication skills would be ideal candidates.
We offer: Base pay of $15/ HR, growth potential, temporary and permanent positions, a warm and welcoming work environment, and the opportunity to work directly for the world’s largest human rights organization.
CUNY Women's Public Service Internship Program
The City University of New York continues to offer an exciting Fall internship opportunity in New York City for selected students. The CUNY Women’s Public Service Internship Program will provide highly qualified individuals the opportunity to learn by doing in the offices of selected legislators working to benefit women and promote women’s issues in New York.
Alongside the great experience and learning this opportunity offers students, participants in the CUNY Woman’s Public Service Interns receive a $2,000.00 monetary award for completing the program successfully and credits can also be arranged.
Oracle Taleo Technical Academy Internship
Why join the Academy?
Here you have the opportunity to gain valuable training and hands-on experience in a variety of client environments:
- Desktop and basic network integrations and support
- Loading and configuring desktop OS for standalone operation and basic network connectivity
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware, software, desktop applications and upgrades.
At the completion of the internship, you will have the opportunity to obtain A+ and Network + technical certifications (study material is provided and cost of exams are reimbursed upon successful passing of exam)
16 Things Kids Can Do
Major(s): All Majors
16 Things Kids Can Do is a not for profit educational organization that works for the "Betterment of Kids (of all ages), People and the Planet through a Series of Books, Workshops, Programs and Activities — All Designed to Help People Lead Happier, Healthier and More Successful Lives."
These are just some of the programs that we have available for students in our internship programs:
- "10 Seconds To Change" Petition Drive to President Obama Proclaim August as "National Kids Month"
- 16 Things Reference Books & Workshop Series (Endorsed by Mark Victor Hansen, Co-Author of "Chicken Soup for the Soul"
- Public Access "16 Things TV Magazine" (60 Minutes meets Entertainment Tonight)
- Community Based Outreach Educational Seminars & Workshops
- Financial Outreach Workshops & Seminars for Businesses, Schools, Churches & NPOs
- Outreach Program to Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors
- Greek National/Chapter/Member Programs
Be aware that The Office of Career Services will be sending you a notice in your weekly TigerMail “Newsletter” alerting you to NEW internship opportunities that become available. Many of them have time sensitive information. If you find one that you want information about, make sure to print the information about the opportunity you’re interested in and bring it with you.
Thank you for your attention.
Office of Career Services
Internship Coordinator/Placement Advisor