PSC-CUNY Research Award Program
- Established by the collective bargaining agreement between Professional Staff Congress (PSC) and CUNY – $3.7 million from University.
- Award decisions made by disciplinary panels appointed by University Committee on Research Awards (UCRA) – faculty members nominated by University Faculty Senate and appointed by Chancellor.
- In August 2010, the University and the Union agreed to run a modified three-year pilot program, which created 3 tiers of awards.
- Traditional A: up to $3,500
- Traditional B: $3,600 - $6,000
- Enhanced: $6,500 - $12,000
- The program will support activities in the creative arts and all academically relevant research in the areas of natural science, social science, and the humanities.
- Proposal must involve original research, or creative activity, not:
- Creation/maintenance of institutional facilities or research materials
- Research performed in connection with degree requirements
- Writing of textbooks, "unless, in the opinion of the Committee, they constitute a significant scholarly contribution"
- Development of curriculum for specific courses or program
Other Internal Grant Programs
- Junior Faculty Research Award in Science and Engineering (JFRASE)
- Collaborative Incentive Research Grant (CIRG)
- Community College Collaborative Incentive Research Grant (C3IRG)
- Travel Funds Program
- Bridge Fund Program
- Additional info can be found on the CUNY website: http://www.cuny.edu/research/faculty-resources/internal-funding-programs.html
- COS Pivot brings the best of COS Funding Opportunities and COS' two scholarly profiling systems together in one integrated package
- Access to over 26,000 funding opportunities
- Approximately 3 million profiles from around the world
- Suggests potential funding opportunities for you based on your Pivot profile (harvested and maintained by COS Pivot editors)
- Gives you one place to manage and track funding of interest
- The URL for COS Pivot is http://pivot.cos.com