CRSP students Awards and Recognition
1. Jean Hwang
- Student Government Association Academic Merit Scholarship (fall 2016)
- Continuing Student Academic Merit Scholarship (fall 2016)
- Pak Kuen Wong Endowment Research Award (fall 2016)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges (spring 2017)
- Pak Kuen Wong Endowment Research Award (spring 2017)
- Continuing Student Academic Merit Scholarship (spring 2017)
2. Adolfo Coyotl
- 2nd Place at the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB) conference 2016 under the Environmental Biology and Ecology category.
- Poster Winner at the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) 2016 under the Microbiology Category.
- Awarded the Scholastic Excellence in Environmental Science award by the Biological Sciences and Geology Department.
- Dean’s list for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
3. Shaina Durand
- Shaina won an award for the best abstract at the CCURI conference.
Shaina Durand, Monica Trujillo, Naydu Carmona. Phenotypical characterization of a Streptomyces coelicolor SCO3855 knock out mutant. Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI) Spring 2017 Colloquium April 26-28 Minneapolis, MN.
4. Francisco Caban; Yi Jane Jiang; Sujun Wei “Synthesis of X-Shape Molecules as Electron
- Acceptors in Organic Solar Cells.” 2016 Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) National Conference, Long Beach, California (October 2016). Francisco Caban won an Outstanding Poster Presentation Award among only 74 winners out of 920 Posters.
5. Nicholas Carrero
- Nicholas E. Carrero, Rawlric Sumner, and Hemraj-Benny, Tirandai. “Synthesis of Ruthenium Nanoparticle-Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Composites for Degradation of Congo Red Dye.” (Poster Presentation- 2nd place Biochemistry Award), Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB) Conference, SUNY Old Westbury, NY (October 2016)
6. Udya Dewanamuni
- Udya Dewanamuni, Dr. Sunil Dhehipawala. Characterisation and Structural Properties of Iron in Plants. Poster presented and won the 1st place in Physical Sciences section at the SACNAS National meeting at Long beach, California on October 2016
- Udya Dewanamuni, Dr. Sunil Dehipawala. Characterisation and Structural Properties of Iron in Plants. Oral presentation presented and won the 1st place in Physical sciences section at the CSTEP Regional meeting at Lake George, NY on April 2017
7. Julie Leong
- The REU program for 2016 at Georgia Tech University and the SUMP program currently 2017 is at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
8. Brenda Torres and Catherine Immordino
- Brenda Torres, Catherine Immordino, Dr. Mangala Tawde. Antimicorbial Characteristics of Streptomyces. Presented at SUNY College of Old Westbury’s 49th Annual Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists b Old Westbury, NY. October 29th, 2016. 3rd place poster winner.