Are You Ready For Registration?
The Fall Semester begins on WEDNESDAY AUGUST 28th!
Are You Ready?
The CUNY ASSESSEMENT TEST
- If you have already taken the CUNY Assessment Test OR have a date scheduled for this test, you will receive an email from us inviting you to an advisement/registration appointment. (See below.)
- If you are a new freshman and took the CUNY test at another CUNY college, please contact our Office of Testing with your name and phone number, and the date and location of your testing session. Email us at Testing@qcc.cuny.edu so that we can locate your records.
- If you do NOT have a date for the test, email Testing@qcc.cuny.edu and we will give you an appointment for this test.
NEW FRESHMAN ADVISEMENT AND REGISTRATION:
Once you have taken the test and your test results are ready, you will be contacted via your personal email. Based on your intended program of study, you will select a date and time to meet with your ACADEMY ADVISOR. Learn more
Academy Advisement and Registration will begin in MAY and run through JULY. It is to your advantage meet with your Academy Adviser early so that you receive the right classes at the right time.
JUMP START YOUR COLLEGE STUDIES: You may wish to attend summer school, and you may be eligible one or more free summer classes.
By Phone: If you have not yet received an email, please call us at 718-631-6240 as soon as possible.
Email: If you have questions or need additional assistance, please email us at AcademyAdvisement@qcc.cuny.edu.
Don’t forget! Prior to your registration appointment, you MUST ---
- Pay your $100 tuition commitment deposit. Learn more
- New York State health requirements! You must have submitted (or bring to your advisement appointment) documentation for immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) AND complete the meningitis response form. (If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign this form.) Learn more
- Be ready to pay for your classes. APPLY BEFORE JUNE 4th for FINANCIAL AID. Learn more
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Visit the new Transfer Student Information site for answers to the most frequently asked questions.
You will be notified of your academic advisement appointment in one of two ways:
- If you need to take one or more parts of the CUNY Assessment Test, you will be given an appointment for advisement at your testing session. You will be notified by the University Application Processing Center (UAPC) or by the College’s Admissions Office of a testing date.
- If you do NOT need to take the CUNY Assessment Test, you will receive a letter from the Office of New Student Enrollment Services informing you of your date for academic advisement. This letter will be mailed to you within a few weeks of your acceptance for admission.
Transfer student advisement begins in mid-June and runs through early August for the Fall 2011 semester.
Our goal is to schedule dates for academic advisement that allow ample time for us to fully evaluate your previous college work. Therefore, please understand that you will not be advised until your evaluation(s) are completed. We want you to be able to build upon your coursework to date.
Transfer students seeking admission to the Nursing program must complete the required Pre-Clinical sequence of courses. Successful completion of the Pre-Clinical sequence does not guarantee admission to the nursing program. For more information, please visit http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/nursing/index.html.
If you need additional information, please email us at Transfers@qcc.cuny.edu.
Transfers with Advanced Foreign Standing
We want to build your education at Queensborough on any credits which may be counted toward your degree. It is important that you contact the chairpersons for each academic department and discuss transfer credit possibilities with them. Be sure to provide them with a copy of your transcript from abroad and, if necessary, with an English translation of the coursework. You will be assigned an advisement date for June, July, or August.
Transfers with Bachelors Degrees
You will be scheduled for an advisement and registration date in July. Please make sure that you provide the required immunization documents prior to your advisement date.
Registration Alert: Many incoming transfer students wish to pursue specific courses in preparation for a second degree or change in career plans. Please be advised that certain courses, including Anatomy & Physiology, are high-demand courses usually filled by our continuing students.
Transfers: College Discovery, SEEK, EOP, HEOP
Please contact the College Discovery Office for more information at 718-631-6210.
New Non-Degree Students
If you are planning to pursue the New York State high school equivalency, you must take the CUNY Assessment Test. Following your test, you will receive notice of an advisement and registration appointment.
If you are a new non-degree student with a high school diploma, please know that academic advisement is NOT required prior to your registration. You will be notified of your registration date for the Fall semester. Should you wish to meet with an academic advisor, please contact the Academic Advisement Center, located in Room 434 of the Library, or email AcademyAdvisement@qcc.cuny.edu.