Children's Book Club and Performance Series
It’s never too early to jumpstart a child’s imagination and teach kids that reading and live theater is about pleasure! The Children’s Book Club and Performance Series, was created as a way to enhance in-school literary and curriculum programs while providing cultural and artistic opportunities to elementary and middle school students for whom a lack of arts programming is evident. Additionally, our weekend program allows for parents and grandparents to enjoy live theater along-side the children in their lives! QPAC is committed to providing the community with the services and resources they deserve while continuing to make sure that more individuals, families and children discover the benefits from making the arts a central part of their lives.
ARTS ON STAGE, NY
CURRICULUM BASED THEATER FIELD TRIPS
Reserve Now – Pay Later
Call this number for reservations: 718.266.0202 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shows begin at 10:00am and 11:45am, $8.00 all seats
- November 21: Princess & The Pea
- November 22: The Anti Bullying Rockin' Musical
- November 29: Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
- November 30: A Charlie Brown Christmas
- December 1: Math Beyond The Classroom (grades 4-5)
- December 2: Classroom Character: The Road to Success
- December 5: SuperHero Math (K-3)
- December 6: Books! The Magic is Real!
- December 7: Holiday Tales
- December 8: Math+Science+Juggling = Fun
- December 9: Mistletunes! A Rock N' Roll Celebration
- December 12: A Christmas Carol
- December 13: Pinocchio
- December 14: A Circus Holiday Show
- December 15: Santa Claus Meets The Wicked Wizard
- December 16: The Snow Queen
- February 2, 2017: Charlotte's Web
- February 3: Charlotte's Web
- February 6: The Jackie Robinson Story
- February 7: Charlotte's Web
- February 8: Let Freedom Ring & Sing
- February 9: I Have A Dream
- February 16: The Magic of Science
- March 28: The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- March 29: Books! The Magic is Real!
- April 6: Go Green! An Educational Recycle Show
- May 2: The After-Math Math Class! (K-2)
- May 3: Playing With Science
- May 4: The Bubble Show
- May 15: Lizard of Oz – Bugs & Balloons
- May 19: Bubble Magic
THE PAPERBAG PLAYERS
The award-winning Paper Bag Players have been keeping it simple---and simply hilarious for 58 years!
For reservations visit www.thepaperbagplayers.org or call 800-777-2247.
All shows begin at 10:30am, $8.00 all seats (every 20th ticket is FREE)! Grades pre-k through 3.
Come on an adventure with The Paper Bag Players in our new show, Trip to the Moon. Children ages 3 to 8 will delight in our classic blend of cardboard & paper sets; whimsical stories; lovable characters; and live music that will have them singing and dancing in the aisles. Young kids will be drawn to our three plays on the theme of space. In the title piece, they’ll meet the fantastic Dr. Phinneas Fizzleby and his assistant Calliope. Climb aboard as they build a rocket ship that blasts off to the moon. In The Girl and the Star, Abby longs to meet a distant star; imagine her surprise when the star pays her a visit. Then, follow the sun in Rise and Shine as it wakes up and prepares for work, punching in as the moon punches out. The fun continues with Charlie the Whistling Bear. See what happens when Charley’s whistle is stolen. Squeaky Shoes tells the story of a robber with unfortunate footwear, a madcap tale told completely through sound effects. In Maximisillius, a wizard magically moves a mountain with the help of the audience. The show is rounded out with The Tommy-185 about a charming robot that loves to dance, and Crazy Face, in which the entire cast assembles a whacky face that sings a song straight out of Vaudeville.
Trip to the Moon: Created by Ted Brackett, John Stone and Kevin Richard Woodall. Directed by Ted Brackett and Kevin Richard Woodall, with Musical Direction by John Stone and Scenic Design by Jonathan Peck. Performed by The Paper Bag Players: Ted Brackett, Caroline Carden, Kathy D. Harrison, Kevin Richard Woodall, with John Stone at the keyboard.
Monday, December 19
Tuesday, December 20
Monday, January 30, 2017
Tuesday, February 14
Wednesday, February 15
Tuesday, March 21
Wednesday, March 22
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, April 26
Thursday, April 27
Friday, April 28
OUR PROFESSIONAL WEEKEND SERIES FOR CHILDREN!
PLAZA THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS, INC.
“Long Island’s most prolific touring theatre company!” The New York Times
Call this number to purchase tickets: 516.599.6870 or log onto: www.plazatheatrical.com
All shows begin at 2:00pm, Reserved Seating
$12.00 all seats (buy all 4 shows for $50.00)
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Since 1983, Plaza Theatrical Productions, Inc. has been delighting audiences with their professional family musicals!