Frequently Asked Questions about Blackboard and the CUNY Portal
- What is Blackboard?
- How do I create a Blackboard / CUNY Portal username and password?
- What if I can't remember my username?
- What if I can't remember my password?
- What do I do if I am having problems with my Blackboard password?
- How do I change my Blackboard / CUNY Portal password?
- When I register with the CUNY Portal it says "One or more fields below did not exactly match the data we have in our records. Please try again". What do I do?
- When I register with the CUNY Portal it says "Your information cannot be confirmed at this time. Please register as a visitor". What do I do?
- How do I log-in to my course on Blackboard?
- Why do none of my classes appear in Blackboard?
- Where is Blackboard located?
- How do I create a CUNY Portal Account?
- How do I change my password?
- Whom do I contact if I have a problem?
"One or more fields below did not exactly match the data we have in our records. Please try again"
"Your information cannot be confirmed at this time. Please register as a visitor."
Please contact Blackboard Support at Queensborough by filling out the form in it's entirety for any technical issues related to Blackboard.
Faculty, Staff, and Students will access Blackboard by logging in to the CUNY Portal and clicking on the Blackboard Courses link under Applications/Resources.
- Your professor has not made the course available for students to see. You will need to contact your professor via email or in class and ask them to check on course availability.
- You may have a problem with your tuition. If this is the case, you will have to see the Bursar office or the Office of the Registrar here on campus (1st floor of the Administration Building) to correct your status. Once you fix that problem, 24 hours later you will be in Blackboard and your courses appear. Unless ofcourse, your problem is also related to Answer #1 (see above).
- Are you using the correct (valid) CUNY Portal account? Not sure, follow the steps for "what if I can't remember my password?" to use the account reset tool to check which username you are using.
- Has there been an update to your student information in CUNYfirst? This could affect your access to courses.
- If you're not sure, stop in the Academic Computing Center (Library Building Room L-117) and ask for Blackboard support.
™ is a Web-based platform used to deliver course materials to enhance both teaching and learning experiences. Working in a password-protected environment, faculty and students are able to post and access course materials, make use of discussion groups, email and many related course management tools -- anytime and anywhere.