OET: Office of Educational Technology
The Office of Educational Technology (OET) is located in L-117 on the first floor of the Library Building. The OET works closely with faculty, staff and students to promote the development and dissemination of innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning.
The activities and services offered by the OET support team include:
- Investigating new and emerging technologies, and exploring opportunities for their adoption to support education at QCC
- Assisting faculty in integrating technologies that support a wide range of pedagogical models
- Working closely with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to enable and support Educational Innovation at QCC
- Providing instructional technology support for a variety of faculty development initiatives involving eLearning, ePortfolio and HIPS.
- Providing Media Production Support for elearning and web-enhanced courses.
Upcoming Fall 2017 Faculty Workshops
9/6 Getting Started with Blackboard, 3 – 4:00 pm, L-117
9/8 Getting Started with Blackboard, 10 – 11:00 am, L-117
9/15 Blackboard Tests and Grade Center, 10 – 11:00 am, L-117
9/20 Assignments, Safe Assign and Turnitin, 3 – 4:00 pm, L-117
9/22 Using Socrative to Engage Students, 10 – 11:00 am, L-117
9/27 Teaching with Wikis, 3 – 4:00 pm, L-117
9/29 VoiceThread, 10 - 11:30 am, L-117
Consulting and Support
- Survey Monkey